Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) is a service that transmits residency applications, letters of recommendation (LoRs), medical student performance evaluation (MSPE), medical school transcript, USMLE transcript, COMLEX-USA transcript, photograph, and personal statement(s) from you and your Designated Dean’s Office to program directors.
How Does ERAS Work?
- Applicants receive an electronic token from their Designated Dean's Office and use it to register with MyERAS.
- Applicants complete their MyERAS application, select programs, assign supporting documents, and transmit their application to programs.
- Schools receive notification of the completed application, and start transmitting supporting documents: transcripts, LoRs, photographs, MSPE.
- Examining boards receive and process requests for score reports.
- Programs contact the ERAS PostOffice on a regular basis to download application materials.