Stony Brook Southampton Hospital is thankful for the generosity of our volunteers, community members, former patients and thoughtful friends who contribute their valuable time to help support our important work. Our volunteers are valued partners who approach their work with commitment to excellence and quality.
- Adult Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the year for those who are seeking ways to serve the community while satisfying their need to give back and help others. Adult Volunteer opportunities include the Ambassador Escort position where volunteer's escort outpatients and visitors through the hospital to designated appointments, units and departments. We also offer positions upon availability assisting office staff with clerical duties
- NODA (No One Dies Alone) and Spiritual Compassionate Companions. NODA program volunteers will spend time with patients who are on comfort care and in the process of actively passing on when their families are unable to be with them. The Spiritual Compassionate Companions volunteers will spend time with Palliative Care patients who may have no family/friends or support systems but who are still seeking active treatment. Training will consist of (2) 2.5 hour sessions with our PC chaplain Robyn Tsesarsky. Virtual training via Zoom and/or in-person for those who are not familiar or comfortable with the use of virtual resources.
- Pet Therapy program is available for canines that have been certified by Therapy Dogs International, Pet Partners or Love on a Leash. Canine health records and proof of liability insurance must be submitted with the volunteer application.
- Student Volunteer opportunities for students 18 and over are available for those exploring careers in clinical/patient healthcare settings, when available and approved by department director.
- Junior Volunteer opportunities for high school students 15 to 17 years of age. A commitment of 3 hrs per week for a minimum of 2 months is required. Available positions include Ambassador Escort, Office duties, assisting Patient Experience Team with assorted projects as needed. Clinical positions are not available for Junior Volunteers.
Volunteers applying for the summer season must submit their completed application packets by May 15th
Mail or scan & email your application to one of the following:
Stony Brook Southampton Hospital
Volunteer Services Department
240 Meeting House Lane
Southampton, NY 11968
OR complete and email email@example.com
Click on the links below to download an application that can be submitted by mail or fax.
Volunteer Intro Letter
Adult Volunteer Application
NODA Spiritual Compassionate Companions Application
Junior Volunteer Application
For more information…