About the Program
The Family Medicine residency is a comprehensive training program, which instructs physicians in the care of the entire family.
The program focuses on the complex bio-medical skills needed by physicians to provide total healthcare to their patients and not just disease management. Our educational philosophy is that disease is not a random occurrence, thus our primary focus is on evidence based preventive medicine.
However, the best evidence-based approach is fruitless unless the physician can influence their patients to implement the necessary changes needed to promote a health sustaining life style. To that end, our program teaches clinicians how to be medical leaders, who can inspire patients to make those changes and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Criteria for Applicants
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) applications only
- All applicants will be ranked and matched through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Your Dean's letter (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
- Your medical school transcript
- Your personal statement
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript with Step I (required for application), and Step II CS and CK (required by February 1st in order to be ranked)
- A photograph is highly recommended by the Ranking Committee
- Each application is reviewed on the basis of its own merits
How to Apply
|Program Name||Institution||ACGME ID (in ERAS)||NRMP Program Code|
|Family Medicine||Stony Brook Southampton Hospital||1203521408||2919120C0|
|Family Medicine Osteopathic Track||Stony Brook Southampton Hospital||1203521408||2919120C1|
For additional information on the Department of Family, Population, and Preventative Medicine, click here.