Stony Brook Southampton Hospital delivers world-class, compassionate care to our patients, advances our understanding of the origins of human health and disease, and educates the healthcare professionals and biomedical investigators of the future, so they can bring the fruits of scientific discovery to our patients.
The Vision of Stony Brook Southampton Hospital is to meet the evolving healthcare needs of its Eastern Long Island community by providing access to a continuum of high quality clinical services. To achieve this, the Hospital will focus resources on continuously improving clinical outcomes, patient safety, service excellence and promoting educational outreach and professional development of its staff.
Our Values are summarized in the acronym, ICARE:
- Integrity - We are honest and ethical in all our interactions.
- Compassion - We provide empathetic care with attentive listening and affirmation.
- Accountability - We hold ourselves accountable to our community, to our organization and to each other for our performance and behaviors.
- Respect - We foster an environment of mutual respect and trust, embracing diversity in people and thinking.
- Excellence - We set the highest standards for safety, clinical outcomes and service.