This creamy pudding has a secret superfood as the main ingredient—avocados! Packed with healthy fats, avocados add tons of vital nutrients to this treat while cacao provides antioxidants, iron, magnesium, and calcium. Recipe shared by Paula Montagna, MS, RD, CDN, Clinical Nutrition Manager at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital.
• 2 large avocados, pitted and halved
• ¼ cup cacao powder
• ¼ – ½ cup coconut milk
• 2 tbsp honey or real maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch of sea salt
1. Add ¼ cup coconut milk and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor or immersion blender and blend until smooth. You can also mash the avocados by fork and mix with other ingredients until smooth. Add more coconut milk as needed.
2. Chill 2-3 hours, or overnight for thicker consistency.
3. Garnish with fresh berries, nuts, or shredded coconut.