What better way to start your morning off than with a serving of freshly baked oatmeal? Rolled oats provide long-lasting energy while eggs, hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, and almond butter make this cozy dish a protein powerhouse. Shared by Samantha Vallejo, Dietetic Intern at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital.
• 3 cups rolled oats
• 1 cup Silk Protein nut milk (almond and cashew blend)
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup hemp hearts
• ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 2 tsp baking power
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp almond butter
• Fresh/frozen berries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium to large bowl, mix together oil, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla.
3. Add rolled oats, baking powder, and milk to the bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Pour oat mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Let sit for about 3 minutes then cut into 9 squares. Add toppings and serve warm.