This fresh salad is the perfect side dish for any healthy lunch or dinner, packing in several different vegetables to help you reach your daily recommended amount of servings. Shared by Paula Montagna, MS, RD, CDN, Clinical Nutrition Manager at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital.
Ingredients for Salad
• 1 head of cauliflower (about 1 pound), riced
• 4 Persian cucumbers, chopped
• ½ cup finely chopped mint
• ½ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
• ½ red onion, finely chopped
• 6 scallions, finely chopped
• 3 radishes, thinly sliced, or sliced grape tomatoes for garnish
Ingredients for Dressing
• Juice and zest of 1 lemon
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• Ground black pepper and salt to taste (or crushed red pepper for a spicier dressing)
1. Place cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 3 minutes. Let cool.
2. Mix in remaining ingredients.
3. Mix dressing together and pour over salad. Toss gently.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with radishes or tomatoes.