This unique salad brings various textures, flavors and nutrients together into one bowl. Shared by Paula Montagna, MS, RD, CDN, Clinical Nutrition Manager at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital.
• 1 ripe cantaloupe
• 2 Kirby cucumbers
• 1 cup blueberries
• ½ cup toasted pecans or walnuts
• ½ cup feta cheese (optional)
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients
• 1 lemon, juiced and zested
• ½ cup olive oil
• ½ tsp Dijon mustard
• ½ tsp honey
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Toast walnuts in oven at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
2. Add all ingredients for dressing into a mason jar. Cover and shake until well combined.
3. Clean, peel and cut cantaloupe into bite-sized pieces.
4. Peel cucumbers and thinly slice.
5. Add cantaloupe, cucumbers and blueberries to bowl. Toss with lemon vinaigrette.
6. Garnish with walnuts and feta cheese as desired.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Chill 30 minutes before serving.