This pasta salad is delicious, easy to make, and packed with protein. Shared by Steven Biamonte, Dietetic Intern at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital.
• Juice and zest of 1 lemon
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 5 ounces organic baby spinach
• 1 15-ounce can of navy or cannellini beans
• ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
• ½ cup black olives, sliced
• 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
• 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
• 1 12-ounce box of Banza pasta, cooked al dente
1. In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, oregano, and Dijon mustard. Whisk until combined.
2. Add spinach, beans, red onion, black olives, grape tomatoes, and cooked pasta. Toss well to fully coat.
3. Add feta and toss gently.
4. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. If salad seems dry after refrigeration, you can add more olive oil.