Start your day with some extra protein and fiber to keep you full and satisfied! Shared by Paula Montagna, MS, RD, CDN, Clinical Nutrition Manager at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital.
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup cottage cheese
• 1 cup oatmeal
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1-2 scoops protein powder (optional)
• 2 tbsp flaxseed
• Fresh fruit for garnish
1. Heat waffle iron until ready. Add non-stick cooking spray or oil.
2. Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
3. Cook in waffle iron until crispy.
4. Top with fresh fruit, nuts, and pure maple syrup as desired.
* Recipe yields 8 waffles. Each waffle contains 120 calories, 14 grams of protein, and 6 grams of carbohydrates.