Your health is essential too.
At Stony Brook Southampton Hospital, caring for our community is our mission.
Our hospital, emergency department outpatient centers and physician offices are open to address your needs.
Whether you have a new concern or chronic condition, need testing or a diagnostic procedure, or need surgery,
we’ll take care of you and take every possible precaution to keep you safe.
Outpatient Centers and Physician Offices
To reduce the number of people in our office and waiting areas, our patients are asked to call the front desk of the department/facility they are visiting and remain in their vehicles and complete their normal check-in process using their cell phone. We are also taking these additional safety measures:
- Patients are screened for symptoms of COVID-18 and temperature taken
- Waiting rooms are arranged to allow for optimal social distancing
- All employees wear a mask and googles/faceshield and patients must wear a mask
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout our facilities
- Cleaning frequency has been increased and deployed by advanced UVC technology and EPA approved chemical cleansers
- Separate elevator(s) are used by those who are confirmed with or suspected of having COVID-19
Hospitals and Emergency Department
Many safeguards are also being taken at the hospital to reduce exposure to the coronavirus:
- All staff are wearing masks and googles/face shields.
- Revised visitation policies is coming very soon that will protect both patients and staff and visitors, including screening for COVID-19 symptoms and temperature taking, completing a questionnaire, allowing 3 hours of inpatient visitation and only one visitor per patient. Only one visitor (18 years+) is permitted is to accompany an outpatient to Patient Access and then is directed to wait outside or in car until called by front desk when the procedure is completed. All visitors must by 18+ and have proof of identity.
- Patients suspected or confirmed of having coronavirus are separated from other patients
- Normal procedures and workflows have been adapted to reduce the number of personnel or excessive passage through hospital areas with infected patients
Telehealth allows patients to receive our high-quality care from the safety and privacy of their home. To see if your needs can be met virtually, please call your physician’s office.
Blood Work Scheduling
Provides you with secure, direct online access to schedule your blood work at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital’s First Floor Out Patient’s Lab or the Amagansett or Hampton Bays Locations.