(631) 638-7400 / 740 County Road 39A, Southampton, New York
In spring 2019, Southampton Hospital Association (SHA) and Stony Brook Medicine celebrated a momentous milestone with the opening of The Phillips Family Cancer Center. A fully integrated site of the Stony Brook University Cancer Center, The Phillips Family Cancer Center provides radiation therapy medical oncology. The Center changes cancer care on the East End by providing high-quality, compassionate treatment in a state-of-the-art multidisciplinary environment that puts patients first. Click here to learn more.
The benefits of coming to The Phillips Family Cancer Center for care include:
- Delivery of advanced, comprehensive cancer treatment in a state of the art, two-level, patient-centered building and healing environment.
- Provides compassionate care to patients and family in private and shared treatment spaces featuring murals of soothing East End beach scene.
- Utilization of the latest technology, including the most advanced linear accelerator on the East End, a Varian Linear Accelerator TrueBeam™, which provides more precise targeting of cancer cells during radiation therapy, sparing healthy surrounding tissue.
- Mobile computers with automatic charting allows medical staff to focus more time and attention directly on the patient.
- Chemotherapy treatment rooms feature reclining chairs overlooking outdoor landscapes supervised by Edwina von Gal of Perfect Earth Project and Christopher LaGuardia of LaGuardia Design Group. Every chemotherapy treatment is formulated in the on-site pharmacy.
- Counseling delivered to patients and their caregivers free of charge in the Fighting Chance annex office where oncology social workers are available to help and care for those in need of emotional support.
- Partners with The Ed & Phyllis Davis Wellness Institute to provide free wellness support programs to patients, survivors and caregivers.
- Offering of on-site massage therapy sessions by appointment or during chemotherapy.
Details and facts about The Phillips Family Cancer Center can be found here.
Due to COVID-19 many of our Cancer Wellness Programs and Workshops Are Offered on Line. Click the below link to sign up for ZOOM classes or visit https://www.youtube.com/user/shhospitalny for classes available 24/7 on our YouTube channel.
The Phillips Family Cancer Center Wellness Programs and Support Services
Provided FREE to every Cancer Patient in Treatment, Caregiver, and Survivor. Offered Virtually and in-person.
Please click to sign up for your class today, or call (631) 726-8800. Reservations are required.
Build Strength and Stamina
- Body Sculpt
- Fit and Strong for Lymphedema Health
Accept the Gift of Restorative Touch
- Massage Therapy
- Group Acupuncture
Experience Insightful Understanding
- Cancer Hope Network
- Transformation Tuesdays
- Support Groups
Nourish Your Body
- Food as Medicine
- Individual Nutritional Counseling
Find Creative Expression
- Writing Workshops
- Knitting Circle
- Strength through Song
- Paint at the Parrish
Samuel Ryu, MD
Deputy Director, Clinical Affairs, Stony Brook University Cancer Center
Professor and Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology
Attached Photo by Lisa Tamburini for Stony Brook Southampton Hospital
From left, Assemblyman Fred W. Thiele Jr., Kenneth Wright, Chairman, Southampton Hospital Association; Robert S. Chaloner, Chief Administrative Officer, Stony Brook Southampton Hospital; Barbara Phillips, benefactor, and her son Andrew Phillips, cutting the ribbon; Kenneth Kaushansky, MD. MACP, Senior Vice President, Health Services and Dean of the Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University; Yusuf A. Hannun, MD, Director of Stony Brook University Cancer Center, Vice Dean for Cancer Medicine, Joel Strum Kenny Professor in Cancer Research; and Samuel Ryu, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology, Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University and Deputy Director, Clinical Affairs, Stony Brook University Cancer Center.