The Regional Tick-Borne Disease Resource Center at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital educates the public, promotes collaboration and educational opportunities within the medical community, and facilitates access to the diagnosis and treatment of tick-borne diseases.
According to data from our 2022 Annual Report....
- Our third annual year-end December fundraiser raised $16,000.
- Throughout the summer months over 1,800 kits were mailed across the tri-state region.
- 600 calls were made to our tick "help line."
- Over 70 participants "zoomed in" to our educational lecture on the lone star tick meat allergy, Alpha-gal, in June!
- 5 Medical Symposia for Physicians were held to educate doctors.
- The second edition of our award-winning Tick Disease Handbook was published in July.
- In collaboration with Mashashimuet Park in Sag Harbor, East End Tick & Mosquito Control, and the Suffolk County Department of Health Services, tick awareness signs and kiosks with tick safety supplies, were placed at park entrances to promote public awareness.
- Lyme and tick disease panel discussion for the public was held in May at South Fork Natural History Museum (SOFO).
2022 Annual Report - Click for more information
Get Your Free Tick Removal Kit!
Our Tick Removal Kits contain all you need to be prepared for tick bites—pointy tweezers, magnifier, first-aid supplies, and Tick ID Card—all packaged in a kit you can hang on your backpack or put in your pocket. These kits are free to the public. Request a Tick Removal Kit by contacting us at email@example.com or (631) 726-TICK. Please provide your mailing address.
Questions? Call 631-726-TICK